...to share these cuties with you.
Based on Tana Ramsay's 'Hooting Hallowe'en Owls' from Good Food magazine several years back, all you need is to:
- Make some chocolate muffins or giant cupcakes (or buy when pushed for time). I also made some ordinary sized fairy cakes - owlets for those with smaller appetites!
- Cut off the tops, as if you were making butterfly cakes, then cut these in half for the 'tufts'.
- Spread buttercream or your favourite icing on top of the cakes.
- Put the tufts in place.
- Squodge a circle of yellow/orange icing onto a Malteser (those tubes of ready-to-ice are ideal).
- Place a mini- chocolate bean on top of the yellow/orange icing to complete each eye.
- Place the eyes in front of the tufts, then complete with a jelly diamond or (in this case) a jelly drop for the beak
- Stand back and say 'Awwww!'.
A perfect end-of half-term activity for bored children!
I wonder what this wistful owl is thinking?