Friday 28 September 2012

Going to work on an egg

A couple of weeks ago, LovelyGrey featured a great stew photo.  (Only in the Land-of-Blog does one read about 'great stew photos', eh?)
I remembered how thrilled my sister, brother and I used to be when our Mum presented us with dishes of rice with pools of tomato soup in the centre complete with parsley faces and was reminded that I had 'pinned' some eggy-cleverness on one of my Pinterest boards a while back, just in case I ever have to work a little bit harder at food presentation in order to tempt Sophia or Dylan to eat.  

So here, because I have nothing else to post about today (though I will return with a Liberty Lifestyle Fabric Suitcase Tutorial very soon!) 
and because the whole alliterative title thing was beginning to get tricky-stroke-annoying are some of the cute photos I found.






Then I roamed wider.
Hallowe'en Party Treats?


Bento Boxes





I might have to get this book -Yum-Yum Bento Box: Fresh Recipes for Adorable Lunches...



Could you eat this banana now?


If someone you know is crabby in the morning, here's the breakfast for them...


Who could resist this?

From 'Funky Lunch' by Mark Northeast

Too cute to eat, methinks...





Back to stew...



And finally, 
look away if you're easily shocked...










5 comments:

  1. You wouldn't want to eat anything!
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you for the giggle... going to link to my blog & share the fun xx
    I used to make mashed potato & sausages hedgehogs for Jess & Joe and once made a birthday cake which looked like Jess's pink rabbit which went everywhere with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...those are all so cute that I would NOT eat them as it would be a shame to ruin them...lol. I am doing this in a way soon as I am having a Halloween high tea party for my quilt group. The food will be turned into some Halloween fun themes.

    Have a great autumn weekend!

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!!! It's made me feel a bit hungry but I couldn't bring myself to eat any of these cuties! I love the meatball chicks in the spaghetti nest!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention. And these examples are great !!! x

    ReplyDelete