Friday 29 June 2012

Fabric-a-licious Friday

So here we are again - it's Friday, so I thought I'd have a little browse amongst a couple of my favourite online fabric shops.  Today it has been Tikki and The Eternal Maker.  I dropped into another couple of favourites, M is for Make and Fabric Rehab, but will save those for next week, as I don't want to bamboozle you with too much in one go!

Tikki have a great selection of sewing and haberdashery themed fabrics at the moment, all with a vintage or retro feel.  

The vintage workshop sewing labels fabric

Vintage workshop sewing labels fabric Amy Barickman 

Vintage sewing notions, haberdashery design quilt fabric  
Make Do and Mend text lettering sewing quilt fabric 



The Eternal Maker have some cute, patriotic Hello Kitty fabric.  I am rather tempted by this,  though it is not my usual thing.  

hello kitty in the uk - sanrio for kokka japan

Having dithered over whether or not I liked and would buy some of Liberty's Hello Kitty fabric last year...


...only to decide to buy some and find it had sold out, and could only be bought at exorbitant prices on ebay, I might just HAVE to get a fat quarter or two!

Also there are some beautiful Japanese double gauzes.  I have never had any of this type of fabric and feel a spot of experimentation might be in order...

But which should I choose?

little letters - blue cream - double gauze - nani iro by naomi ito for kokka japan


Or...

peaceful cooing - grey - double gauze - nani iro by naomi ito for kokka japan


This print is adorable, so reminiscent of faded Durham quilts...

pink tiny floral - durham collection by brenda riddle - lecien japan


And then this collection from Moda looks lovely. The Eternal Maker have layer cakes, charm squares and jelly rolls...

petite odile - jelly roll - french general for moda


Here is the complete range...

frenchgeneral.blogspot.co.uk


Pay-day today...I wonder if I'll be able to resist?




8 comments:

  1. Love the ones from frenchgeneral.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be in fabric heaven !

    ReplyDelete
  3. All gorgeous fabrics, I must admit I love the sewing themes best xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snap re pay day. I have already ordered two books on Amazon and bought a tin of paint! The fabrics above are a wonderful selection. I love the Japanese Grey, rather boring of me I know But I haven't got any little ones to sew for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am curiously drawn to the patriotic Hello Kitty design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow they look wonderful
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful fabrics Alix....I have been using some of the French General range in my quilt and it really is lovely,
    Hope you have a happy Sunday,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what lovely fabrics, Alix! Pay day as you say is nicely recent so may be a little visit is required to these lovely looking sites - just to look you understand! Thank you so much for the heads up! E x

    ReplyDelete