Monday 9 July 2012

Money Saving Monday

In an attempt to make my fortune through money saving tips, aka Martin 'MoneySavingExpert.com' Lewis, I thought I'd get started here with something I came up with today!

(Actually, I have very little interest in the pros and cons of varied bank accounts, the best insurance rates, the benefits of changing utilities suppliers etc, so maybe I am not destined to make my fortune in this way. Let's face it, if having to choose one of these things, I'd probably base it on the cuteness or amusingness (is there such a word?) of an ad...

So I'd do my banking in Norway with DNB...


Insure with Nationwide of the USA


And have my energy supplied by EDF...



Anyway, back to that tip.

Do you collect lots of these when out shopping, and have even more arrive helpfully in the post?


And do you then clutch your head every time you are on the point of paying for your purchases and remember the coupons you left on the *kitchen worktop/desk in the study/ car dashboard/beside the loo *(delete as appropriate)?

Here's what to do.  Find an unused purse and pop them all inside, then place in your handbag ready for your next shopping trip. 



Now isn't that a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel?


I'd like to say,

'It worked for me, and now I'm saving pounds every week,'

but I only just came up with the idea, so who knows?

But it's worth a try, isn't it?




9 comments:

  1. You're right, I think I need to start banking in Norway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think this is a great piece of advice and I'm definitely going to do it :) Thanks a lot! I'll keep you posted...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid you lost me at George...................!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a good idea even if I'm feeling smug because I remembered my Coop vouchers on a shopping trip last week. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good idea, but the Tesco clubcard vouchers are worth even more if you use them for the Clubcard deals .... Travel, train journeys, hotels, days out, mag subscriptions. But I will definitely put all my other vouchers in a special purse. Thanks for the tip! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a good idea to have a separate purse for them (and yours is cute!)- mine get shoved in my purse with other things then either forgotten at the checkout or I rummage unsuccessfully for them and give up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha i'm that person! hmmm i think i have a purse the right size x

    ReplyDelete