I sort of kept to my Wednesday rule (to begin nothing new) today, though I did rather bend the rules, perhaps.
A while back I decided to look for some baskets to turn into themed sewing baskets, and on Monday, on a trip to a local garden centre, I finally acquired a couple. So that was my 'work' started, and today I wanted to get it finished!
They were pretty cheap, so I didn't mind that although already lined, I wanted to re-line them.
I managed to recycle a linen anti-macassar for the lining of one...
I made the most of the embroidered motif and, though you can't see it here, I also managed to keep the nice hem-stitching for the edge. I later added some narrow stripey ribbon and a bow to finish it off.
The second one has a quirky cottage lining - I'm nearly out of this fabric now and may be forced to buy some more!
Once the baskets were re-lined, I wanted to make some complementary sewing accessories to go inside.
I covered the lids of two tins (for buttons or pins) and made two bottletop pincushions, then selected from previously made needlecases.
I may make a scissors case for each basket - I know I have a pattern somewhere and I think it would be a nice addition - but otherwise I think these are pretty much finished, so at least they won't be hanging around next Wednesday, stopping me from getting on with the cross-stitch and the tapestry!