Tuesday 2 August 2011

Wishing...

I was mooching round one of these today...

le-dezert.fr
bonjourparis.com
cauxcorico.com
It is vide grenier day in Treignac, Limousin...

villagesdefrance.free.fr
francethisway.com
terroirselect.info

...where we usually go in the summer.  Normally we'd be camping beside the lake...

Last summer as I sat on the beach I spotted 'Jimmy Corkhill' (from Brookside, many years ago) at the bar nearby!


...enjoying the scenery...




...the food, the wine, the company of friends and family and the vide grenier hunts! 

But as I am here at home today, I will be sewing, gardening and baking to divert my attention away from all the treasures I might be missing in the narrow streets of our favourite little corner of France!

6 comments:

  1. So wish I was there too - instead my severely neglected house is to witness housework conducted by a whirling dervish prior to guests descending tomorrow! Have a good day. M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'd love to be there right now. There's nothing quite like a French flea market.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your favourite corner of France looks just lovely. I've given the housework a miss to be in the garden today. Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I wish I was there too. It looks beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful escape as I have my morming coffee, now back to the studio.
    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we first lived in Spain we went to the flea market most weekends. Now, I just have fleas !

    ReplyDelete