Friday 28 October 2011

Favourite Thing on a Friday

Working with this fabric...

(which is on a red background, even if this looks orange!)

...and being reminded of the dresses my sister and I had in it.  They were the same pattern as below (that's me with my knickers on show! Flippin' 'eck, we wore our dresses short in them days!), white dart-shaped bodice and the cheery peeps, lanterns and buggies below.  My Mum made us lovely things - thanks!


I'm using a small piece of it to make this...


I am quietly confident that this will not be a 'project from hell' like the scarf.  

But that's another favourite thing, because I have now finished the rows with the dreaded '7 stitch wrap' (which turns out to be 'smocking stitch' of a sort) 
and am onto the rows with only 'yo' and 'sl1, k2tog, psso' to keep track of!

And last of all for today, this tablecloth, from a local charity shop. 



Sadly it is damaged.  

Why do I say sadly? 

Secretly I actually rejoice when I find one that is damaged, because if it's in good condition I can't bring myself to cut it up.



I'm going to try something a bit alternative with this one.


I'll show it if it works out okay...

I'm linking up with Mimi and Tilly today. 


 Do hop over and see what favourites others are sharing. There's sherbet dib dabs for a start!

6 comments:

  1. aww sweet dresses all legs & socks in those days ! Lovey table cloth. I thought of getting Jess a Kindle cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the fabric is lovely and i think will be perfect for the cover. love the family photo.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me smile, Alix, as I have photos of me with my knickers on show too! Long knee length socks and then a dress too short to cover my underwear! What's that all about? The material is so lovely. I have a patchwork blind in my bedroom made by my aunt from squares cut from the dresses my sister and I wore growing up. It makes me smile each morning when I wake up and see it! Thanks for joining in with FTOF. Hugs, Em x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this red fabric.
    Am full of empathy about the dreaded knitting pattern- I've decided to stick with garter stitch for EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rosy glow in those old photos! It could be one from my childhood - I remember those super short frocks!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have pictures of me with knickers on show he he! Can't wait to see the kindle case, I made one myself as I wanted it both protected and stylish :o)

    Will probably see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete