Monday 13 September 2010

The Art of Vintage Travel


I was delighted on Saturday when two books I had ordered dropped through the letterbox - 'Old-Time Travel Posters and Luggage Labels' and 'Classic Children's Book Illustrations'.  Both are Dover publications and come with a CD of all the scrummy images within, all of which are copyright free.  I was itching to get on and finally put together some items that have been developing in my mind over the past couple of weeks, since the day I finally plucked up the courage to put some fabric though our precious printer.

So here are some of the results!  


All the images are printed on some old, beautifully textured linen and the base fabric is French ticking (very vintage, from a pile I picked up on holiday this summer) or wool felt.


I'd like to think that they will all travel far!

1 comment:

  1. These look fabulous, I love old travel posters. I bought some replica travel stickers and used them to decorate a couple of vintage brown suitcases which I use for storage.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete