Friday 10 September 2010

Reasons to be Cheerful

With thanks to the late, great Ian Dury!  Some things just make me smile.  Here are a few of them.

We No Speak Americano

Though I am sure many find it intensely irritating, this song 
is one of those things at the moment.  Maybe its the fact that it based on this from the 1950s...
And when I read what all that Italian means, it did make me chuckle!

 Art Deco

From a lovely Bridge scoring booklet I managed to buy a few weeks ago.

Let Your Love Flow - The Bellamy Brothers

Even before it was associated with the great waterslide ad for a certain credit card and the bespectacled guy dealing with a swimsuit malfunction, this song always made me smile.  Shame the group then ruined their reputation, IMHO, with the cringe-making 'If I said you had a beautiful body...'
Cake

Need I say more?
 
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones 


I'm pretty much with John Peel on this one. 28 stars out of 5.  Takes me back to 'O' levels, sweaty discos at the local football club and, of course, teenage dreams.  Most of which, fortunately, did not come true!



Susan Boyle Moments

I'm almost ashamed to admit to being a sucker for talent shows such as the X Factor and Britain's Got Talent. I love those moments when someone triumphs over the prejudices of everyone watching them and I find it quite touching to watch Simon Cowell unable to hide his emotions.  I do believe he's turned into a big softie. 



Dolphins telling Knock Knock jokes


Wonder whether all those links will work?




2 comments:

  1. hiya- such charming things you make, how clever!
    Love your blog, it's really pretty.
    Hope to chat again xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments and for being the first to write something! Some of the fabric in my stash came from you not so long ago - a selection of checks and stripes. It goes almost without saying that it is blogs like yours that have inspired me to get blogging, so thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete