Friday 24 September 2010

Parcels!

It put a smile on my face to see a red 'We tried to deliver your parcel...' slip on the hall floor when I arrived home yesterday from a busy day teaching French.  Well, a smile and then a small harrumph of annoyance because I would have to wait till today to collect said parcels (yes, not just one, but two!)

 So I was up early this morning to go into town and fetch the goodies home.


 The bigger of the two contained...
 
Four mini hot water bottles, which I'd been trying to source since December last year (not that I'd tried that hard!)  More of those in another post.

The second was from the great Tikki Fabric and Patchwork shop in Kew.  I have been there before, but being a bit pushed for time this week, and trying to save a bit of diesel, I decided to use their mail order service. And it was fantastic - ordered Wednesday, arrived Thursday.  You can't say fairer than that!

So here is what lay within...


The top layer is some stitchable vinyl.  I like to try out different things.  Not yet sure what I'll do with this but will do some thinking over the weekend. 
Then some...


I have been wanting some of this for a while to make myself some new oven gloves.

Then the real fun...

Sevenberry Liberty inspired floral quilt fabric, pale blue
 
 
Sevenberry quilt fabric, small floral in pale blue 


Lecien Roses quilt fabric, pale blue form Mrs March antique collection 
 
Retro Europe map/cruise fabric
 
 
Rosalie Quinlan Grandmother's Flower Garden fabric by Lecien pale green
Philip Jacobs patchwork quilt fabric Delphinium pink
 
Westminster quilt fabric by Fabric Freedom, cream circles


 
Yellow kids retro fabric


Isn't Christmas Jolly quilt fabric by Mary Engelbreit for Moda, Toss Green

If you like these fabrics, do take a look at the website or if you're in the Kew area, see if they are open!

With all that loveliness come into the house, it's just a shame that I'm going to be away on a school reconnaissance mission all weekend!

Not much in the way of craftiness went on yesterday.  With it being the first day since before the summer holidays that I had been into school teaching, I was reminded how sapped of creative get-up-and-go I am after 6 lessons of very vocal teaching. So I blobbed out in front of the television and enjoyed first the delights of Mr Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall (love the Stew Club idea!) and then Mr Gareth Malone's Extraordinary School for BoysHooray for Gareth - was so pleased his efforts were not in vain on the measurable-difference front!  Just went on his website to get that link and found that his wife has just given birth to their baby, a little girl...How lovely!

So off to do a bit of creating...I'm going to be frustrated all weekend as I drive through rural France on behalf of my school, and will be longing to get back home!  

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog!
    I used to sell a lot of Lecien fabric..it is gorgeous isn't it?
    I love your garden too!!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice comments! Clever shot of the garden - you can't see the overgrown bits!

    ReplyDelete