Wednesday 2 November 2011

Want-to-Make Wednesday

If you've been following a while, you may remember sometime back that I tried to institute a 'Work-in-Progress Wednesday' for myself each week, to make sure I finally finished
two big and long-neglected projects 
(which - ho hum - are still languishing in my 'to do' basket).  

It didn't last long because, to be quite frank, I probably bit off more than I can chew with the William Morris Strawberry Thief cushion...

(even if I have been chewing on this one for fifteen years, it still has a long way to go!)

...and I'm not quite sure how much I like the cow sampler anymore...


Some of the cows have weird and vaguely disturbing eyes that I'm not sure I want peering at me from a wall anytime in the future!

So with 'Work-in-Progress Wednesday' long defunct, I thought I might give my Wednesdays a new name, one that looks ahead to future projects instead of making me feel guilty about the incomplete ones.  So today is my first 'Want-to-Make Wednesday' in which I will stash some pictures of projects that I'd dearly love to have the time, materials and skills to do sometime in the not-too-distant future.  

Firstly, from Issue 14, the  Scandi-Chic special of 'Making', there are these socks...


I have never knitted any socks, nor have I ever managed to get anything other than random holes when trying to knit two colours, so this could be a big ask!

Next, this photo is at the back of Issue 7 of  'Mollie Makes', advertising the next issue, showing this tantalising advent calendar of fabric bags, mini-stocking and envelopes...


I quite like the idea of something similar dangling from the bannister when Advent comes along.

But the magazine that has lots of temptation for me at the moment is this one...


I love the Dutch Fairy...


 ...and the quirky paper and peg dolls...


...both of which offer the opportunity to do something less stitchy than my usual activities.

I'm thinking of the peg dolls as place settings, with a surprise gift beneath the skirt. And the Dutch Fairy would be lovely to take to my friend's 'Bauble Party'...

More inspiration next Wednesday!





4 comments:

  1. I love the want to make Wednesday theme! I can so identify with that mantra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your new idea for a Wednesday is one we can all relate to and such fun. Agree about that advent calendar. Enjoy planning your list of makes

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh lots of lovliness here. Had to giggle at the coes' eyes !

    What a pretty fairy & the peg dolls so sweet. As you know I'll be away this Christmas but I shall store these ideas up for next year ! Have fun making them.

    All I'm doing is cleaning & tidying.. the house was awful & I want to leave it nice for our friends / house / pet sitters.
    No lovely dog walk today as Dillon has hurt his leg & resting up. Hope we don't need a trip to the vet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually have projects that don't takt too long to make as I find when things lie around half finnished....they tend to lie....

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete