Thursday 14 July 2011

Bastille Day

It's July 14th and, as a bit of a Franco-phile, I couldn't let the day go by without a mini-celebration of a few of the French things I love.

Paris and Edith Piaf...


A bit more Edith...


Alain Delon...

Source: kaidi-thinctank.blogspot.com
A postcard of the above image was on my wall for several years in my late teens and early twenties!
Source: fanpop.com
 On YouTube someone wrote 'When God created Alain Delon, He was just showing off.'

Source: listal.com
Shall I get in?

Source: drx.typepad.com
.
.
.
.
.
.

Now, what was I talking about?

Ah, yes...France.

Vide grenier treasure hunting...







A bit of pรขtisserie...

(or a French tart if you like...)

A little medieval hill-town in the Limousin...


(our favourite spot for holidays)

Source: vacances-en-correze.net

2cvs...

Source:reddit.wired.com

Source:blog.yanidel.com (A great photography blog)

Or, in my dreams, a Citroen Traction Avant...

Source: philseed.com

Source: philseed.com
Source: desktopmachine.com

1 comment: